Want the upper hand in negotiations while selling a home?
It’s no secret that the party with the most information will have an advantage in any negotiation. The same applies for home inspections. If you are wondering if it’s a good idea to invest in a pre-sale, or pre-listing home inspection in Oklahoma City, the answer is YES. While it is traditionally the buyer who requests – and pays for – a home inspection, you can always hire your own home inspector for a pre-listing inspection. Doing so has multiple benefits.
What is a Pre-Listing Home Inspection?
A pre-listing inspection is technically no different than a pre-purchase inspection. The primary difference is that it is ordered by the Seller and completed before listing the home or at least prior to being under contract with a Buyer.
Why Get A Pre-Listing Home Inspection In OKC?
Even if you do get a pre-listing home inspection, chances are that your buyer will want to hire their own inspector to conduct another comprehensive inspection. So, why bother with a pre-listing inspection? Here are a few good reasons.
- Avoid surprises that could potentially bust your sale. Every seller thinks they know their home until they see a thorough inspection. It’s what you don’t know that can bite you.
- Address repairs before they are used as a negotiation. Like it or not, many buyers enter a transaction with the idea of reducing the price significantly due to inspection findings.
- Smooth the transaction process. Repair some, disclose others. Either way, less room for negotiations and less need for follow-up inspections creates a smoother transaction for everyone.
- Inspire confidence in Buyers. An inspected home can help buyers to make an informed decision with confidence. Remove the unknowns ahead of time.
- Stand out from other listings. In a competitive market, everything helps. Give your listing a reason to stand out from others.
If you want to increase buyer confidence, decrease stress, and ensure that you get the most for your home, pre-listing home inspections in Oklahoma City are a great place to start.
Don’t Wait – Schedule an Inspection Today!
Your home is one of the biggest investments you’ll ever make. Protect that investment and the future it represents by working with a company that received their Certified Residential Thermographer (CRT) designation through Monroe Infrared. Schedule a home inspection with Redbud Property Inspections today!